Amateur Geological Society of the Hunter Valley Inc.
- During 1976-1978 the University of Newcastle promoted an Open Foundation Course in Geology. The course included field trips to sites of geological interest.
- On completion of the course, some of the participants formed the AGSHV in 1978 to pursue their interest in Geology.
- Initial membership was thirty two (32)
- Activities included lectures and films held at the University, supplemented with field trips.
- With time lectures were abandoned and activities other than visits to geological sites were included. (See Past Activities).
- Over the thirty (30) years of the society’s existence, over 150 different venues have been visited. Depending on interest some venues have been visited more that once.
Copyright © 1978-2017 The Amateur Geology Society of the Hunter Valley Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Last Modified 29th March 2017